We asked Daniel 10 Questions
Daniel Heffington is the Communications director for Generation Joshua. He brings a background of business, ministry, and grassroots politics to the GenJ team. Daniel is also an independent singer/songwriter and worship leader at his church. He lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, Abigail, and his daughter, Ellie.
1. What was your first job?
2. What book are you currently reading?
3. What is your dream vacation destination?
I alternate between Caribbean island getaway and a European tour.
Chipotle for causal and Old Original Bookbinders for important occasions.
5. What is your favorite professional sports team?
6. What is one way you have seen serious growth in your faith as an adult?
God has continued to teach me that we are never supposed to graduate beyond the Gospel. Our lives will be the most changed when we are the most awestruck by the grace and love of God. I’ve learned that I’m far worse off than I give myself credit for and at the same time, more loved than I could ever imagine.
7. What’s the most impacting story you read/watched in your youth?
Way too hard to pick. Stories were a huge part of my childhood. Here are some of the tops: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, A Little Princess, The Velveteen Rabbit, The Mitford Series, and To Kill a Mockingbird
I truly believe that there are better things ahead than the things behind. That my life is surrounded and kept by the God of the universe and that if He is for me, then who can be against me?
9. What were you most surprised about when you started serving with Generation Joshua?
10. What’s one piece of advice that has helped shape the course of your life?
“Don’t live for love and acceptance. Live from love and acceptance”.
Amazing how the truth of God’s raw and fierce love revives our broken hearts to live empowered lives.